Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Beginnings

Yesterday was my 35th birthday. It was also our 4th attempt at TTC. However, it was the first one where we actually had some insight into what we were doing exactly. We had an ultrasound on Thursday and saw 7 follicles. We got an hcg trigger shot on Thursday night and progesterone suppositories to start taking today. We learned that our swimmers have rally good numbrs - 35 million count, 56% post-thaw motility. We had an IUI yesterday, administered by an RN, instead of the old fingers-crossed shot-in-the-dark method at home. We have an appointment to go back in 13 days for our pregnancy test. Everything we are doing this time is so much more cinical, monitored and enlightened. Both Stacey and I have a really good feeling about this, for many reasons.

I was in a wonderful mood all day yesterday, partly because it was a beautiful day, partly because it was my birthday, but mostly because this attempt feels really good. I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but I just know that whatever the outcome, we are headed in the right direction. Every month, we are a step closer to becoming mothers, I can feel it.

I know this is going to be a wonderful year. So far, 35 is a great age, and I know it will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment