Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The MA Life

Come on in, welcome to my blog. Come in, sit down, make yourself comfortable. It's isn't much to look at now, humble beginnings and all that, but I hope to soon change all that. Soon, this blog will be filled with witty anecdotes, adventures, ups and downs, twists and turns. There will be heroes and villians, star-crossed lovers, hijinx and lowjinx. Maybe even a bank heist or two. It will be a real page turner, yes sirree.

Okay, so maybe no bank heists. What it will be is a daily (if I can keep up) account of our life, me and Stacey. See...this is a crazy time for us. In 2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days we are packing up and moving to Massachusetts. I'm quitting my job, we're renting out our condo, and we're headin' east! Stacey (my oh so brilliant wife) is going to be doing her PhD internship at UMass Worcester, and I (her trusty sidekick) will be tagging along, 'cause you know, I ain't got nothin' better to do. I am leaving behind a career in advertising that has kicked my butt for the past 13 years, and am beginning anew. I hope to go back to school to get my MLIS and become a librarian. I have no job yet... some potential leads, but nothing solid. We have no place to live, although we're confident we'll find something soon. And we know no one in Massachusetts. Not a soul. We are jumping off this cliff with no parachute and just keeping our fingers crossed that we'll figure out how to fly on the way down.

In the midst of all this chaos, we are trying to start a family. Great timing, huh? Well, we've been putting it off and putting it off, waiting for the right time to start. Well, guess what kids, there is no right time to start. Timing will never be perfect. And, being 3 weeks away from my 35th birthday, well I'm no spring chicken. It has always been our dream to have a child, and both of us want to carry. Since I'm seven years older, I'm up to bat first. And time's a-tickin'. It's now or never.

So, last weekend, the weekend of our first wedding anniversary, we did it. Four vials of a supposed Justin Timberlake/Wentworth Miller lookalike later, and now we just have to sit and wait with our fingers crossed. We've been doing all the right things, taking the right vitamins, exercising, eating right. I've been charting my temperature, checking my CM (if you don't know what that is... good. I'm not getting into that here), drinking raspberry leaf tea, iron extract, evening primrose oil, even some Robitussin. I took Clomid, Estradiol, and now Prometrium. Everything we could be doing, we're doing.

The funny thing is, I feel no stress. Not with moving, not with job hunting, and insanely enough, not with baby-making. I am just so excited to begin our new life in Massachusetts, as mothers. This is an incredible journey upon which we are about to embark, and I am cherishing every minute of it. The ups, the downs, the twists and turns. And maybe even a bank heist. That actually would be pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. WoooHooo! Yay Massachusetts! And yay to motherhood (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete