Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And We're Off!

Back at the RE this morning for yet another ultrasound and more bloodwork. This time, however, there were only 3 mature follicles (much more sane than the seven from last month). They could tell from my LH levels that I am most likely about to ovulate, so they gave me a prescription for the hcg trigger shot, told me to administer it right away, and come back bright and early tomorrow for my IUI.

Stacey was at work, so this shot thing was going to have to be up to me. Giving myself the shot was weird. I did okay I guess, but I definitely took a minute or two psyching myself up for it. I really, really, really hope that this was the one and only time I had to do it. It's not the sort of thing I particularly want to become good at.

So tomorrow morning at 7:30 I have an IUI, then I come back 24 hours later for the second IUI. I am really excited of course, but sad that Stacey can't be there. She has to be at work by 9am, and it takes her an hour and a half to get there. It feels weird that she won't be there for the insemination. In spirit, though, she will definitely be there in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment